Anti-reflective lenses or anti-reflective coatings are highly functional lens options that help you prevent eye strain and focus on night driving. Also referred to as glare-free, no-glare or AR coating, these lenses are a worthy investment because they reduce glare. Though they might be quite expensive, they are an excellent one-time-investment. To gain more information on the given topic, all you need to do is take a quick look at this blog. Let’s dig deeper without any further ado.
What Are the Benefits of Anti-Reflective Glasses?
Let’s check out the crucial advantages offered by these anti-glare glasses at a glance:
- Anti-reflective lenses are known for improving your overall vision. Wear them and look at smaller patterns or prints with great ease.
- These lenses are durable and tough. The coating infused in your eyeglasses won’t rub off.
- Taking care of anti-reflective glasses is extremely easy. They are water-resistant due to the presence of certain chemicals in the lenses- it reduces the formation of dirt and build-up of grease on your pairs.
- When compared to traditional eyeglasses, anti-reflective glasses have a thinner profile. They are less noticeable and transparent.
- Since anti-reflective coatings keep glares at bay, they automatically improve your aesthetic appearance.
- If you are one of the individuals who need to use computers and laptops for a prolonged time, these anti-reflective coatings will reduce every symptom of digital eye strain.
- Do you like to drive at night? Don your anti-glare pairs and ensure peace of mind in no time.
- Top-notch protection from the UV rays.
What Are the Different Types of Anti-Reflective and Anti-Glare Coatings?
AR and Ag coatings can be seamlessly infused in multiple lens options. Some of the examples typically include:
- Progressive Lenses: With progressive lenses, you will be able to look at different distances.
- Standard Single Vision Lenses: People dealing with eyesight concerns like farsightedness and short-sightedness need these lenses for vision correction.
- Reading Lenses: These types of lenses come in handy when close-up tasks are considered.
- Blue Light Blocking Lenses: In this digital era, blue light-blocking glasses act as a boon for every working professional and student. These glasses prevent blue light from damaging your eyes.
- Transition Lenses: Transition lenses are known for their capability to adjust themselves in different lighting conditions.
How Are You Supposed to Take Care of Your Anti-Reflective Glasses?
Maintaining your glasses with anti-reflective coatings is not a task- it’s quite easy. Check out some of the simple steps mentioned below:
- You need to use cleaning sprays, products and solutions that don’t contain any harsh chemicals. It can pose serious threats to the lens coatings.
- To prevent your lenses from getting scratched, make sure to wet the lenses in the first place.
- Always use a microfiber cloth that is packed with your glasses.
So, there we have it! With anti-reflective coatings, you can take a step toward a better quality of life. For further assistance, getting in touch with an optometrist is always the safest bet. These professionals will assess your eye health and give you proper advice.